The Distributed Control System (DCS) is designed for the management of SPEICH windscreen wiper motors and window auxiliary devices. It consists of a microcontrollers network, integrated on board of each motor, in communication via CAN bus. For pantograph/pendulum wipers DCS system have the following features:
- perfect synchronization of the wipers in all operating conditions, both in continuous and intermittent operation mode. Synchronization occurs even if the wipers are different in dimensions and wiping angles;
- the management of the wipers in groups that can have different working modes, each other independent;
- wiring simplified due to a reduced number of wires, standard connectors and items connected one to the other like in a chain;
- great flexibility in varying the composition of the groups, modifying the park position side and adding items to the system (control panels, wiper motors and auxiliary devices) even after installation;
- management of auxiliary devices (electrovalves for water/air, remote switches for window and arm heaters) through DCS.AUX4 control unit, a relays box with CAN bus communication.