The Distributed Control System (DCS) is designed for the management of SPEICH windscreen wiper motors and window auxiliary devices. It consists of a microcontrollers network, integrated on board of each motor, in communication via CAN bus. For a pantograph/pendulum wipers system, DCS have the following features:
- perfect synchronization of the wipers in all operating conditions, both in continuous and intermittent operation mode. Synchronization occurs even if the wipers are different in dimensions and wiping angles;
- the management of the wipers in groups that can have different working modes, each other independent;
- wiring simplified due to a riduced number of wires, standard connectors and items connected one to the other like in a chain;
- great flexibility in varying the composition of the groups, modifying the park position side and adding items to the system (control panels, wiper motors and auxiliary) even after installation;
- management of auxiliary devices (electrovalves for water).