The Distributed Control System (DCS) is designed for the management of SPEICH windscreen wiper motors and window auxiliary devices. It consists of a microcontrollers network, integrated on board of each motor, in communication via CAN bus. For PG-EXT straight line wipers, DCS system have the following features:
- two operating modes: in perfect synchronization, both in continuous and intermittent mode, and at the maximum wiping speed for all the wipers;
- the management of the wipers in groups that can have different working modes, each other independent;
- wiring simplified due to a reduced number of wires and to the wiper control units connected one to the other like in a chain. The control unit is designed to have the possibility to remove the electronic board without interrupting the CAN bus communication;
- great flexibility in varying the composition of the groups, modifying the park position side and adding items to the system (control panels, wipers and auxiliary devices) even after installation;
- to drive auxiliary devices (electrovalves for water/air, remote switches for window and frame heaters) directly from the control unit.