The Distributed Control System (DCS) is a modular wiper control system, based upon communication through items by means of a CAN bus.
It consists of the following components:
- The motor controller unit (up to 96), located directly on the wiper motor (types Z, S and P) or in a dedicated box (type PG-EXT, PG3F);
- The auxiliary devices control unit (up to 12), which can control 4 auxiliary devices;
- The control panel, available with soft-touch buttons and/or as a touchscreen. The control by an onboard PLC is possible, with or without the Speich control panel.
DCS system have the following features:
- Perfect synchronization of the wipers in all operating conditions, both in continuous and intermittent operation mode. Synchronization occurs even if the wipers are different in dimensions and wiping angles;
- The management of the wipers in groups that can have different working modes, each other independent;
- Wiring simplified due to a reduced number of wires, standard connectors and items connected one to the other like in a chain;
- Great flexibility in varying the composition of the groups, modifying the park position side (only for pantograph/pendulum wipers) and adding items to the system (control panels, wiper motors and auxiliary devices) even after installation;
- Management of auxiliary devices (electrovalves for water/air, remote switches for window and arm heaters) DCS.AUX4 control unit, a relays box with CAN bus communication.